My mission is to unlock your creative potential.
all-day breakfast: experiment to combat inertia and break through barriers. It is my Dreamer Action Strategy.
8 Creative Types: Help you to create more, better, different. discover your own, check out my talks
Writing on Medium
The world is requiring us to think faster, solve more complex problems, and be more adaptive than ever before. At the same time, words like creative and genius are still put on an unreachable pedestal reserved for those whose talent eclipses us all. I wrote this book to change all that. I want to knock creativity off of it's perch and give it back to the people. I want to de-mystify and re-define it. I want to uncover creative strengths and weaknesses, and provide tools to make everyone create more, better, and different work. The purpose of this book is to give you an edge in this, the Age of Ideas.
I am writing this book just for you. If you are an entrepreneur, a writer, artist, musician, or any other professional that wants to hone or enhance your creative talent then you should reserve a copy.
Here’s what you can expect to get out of it:
- Understanding of what Creativity really is, in a grounded, demystifying sense.
- Insight into your creative strengths and weaknesses by discovering your specific Creative Type.
- Application of these insights by building a personalized Creative Toolkit specific to your goals & needs.
- Inspiration to create more, create better, and create different work than you ever have before.
If you ever needed a creative booster pack, power-up, extension, plugin, update, upgrade, expansion, or any other geek term meaning taking it to the next level, then you will like this book. But it's not just about inspiration, it's about application. I don't want you to just get excited, I want you to feel empowered.
If you ever felt disappointed by books on creativity because they explained a bunch of stuff, but never told you how the information related to your life or your style, you will like this book.
There are basically 4 different kinds of creative books:
- Clever studies of the brain and other neurological theses attempting to explain why we do what we do
- Artful and inspiring philosophical introspection by 'successful' artists
- Whiz-bang exercise books filled with a million cool brainstorming techniques
- Self-help systems to live a more creative life
This book tries to create a fifth category. It is not a replacement, but a complement to the kinds of books that already fill our creative shelves. In some ways this is the ‘string theory’ of the creative practice, a universal platform to bring all creative methods, systems, and theories into its fold. You can decide what works for you and what doesn’t, what observations you find valid and what exercises you find useful. It is a Creative Framework used to understand, connect with, and apply creativity in your life and work.
— Jason Theodor